Monday, June 4, 2012

An ERS Success Story

Below is an e-mail we recently received from Robyn, a Ticket Holder in NY.

"As I began the Ticket To Work Program, I called many agencies and became discouraged as I was told again and again I did not qualify because I did not have a specific type of disability or did not match certain demographics. The second I called ERS and spoke with Stacey I felt an immediate connection, and although she encouraged me to explore all of my options, my decision to commit to ERS was already made. Months of working with Stacey and Tripp preparing job applications, cover letters, and thank you notes ensued and was propelled by Stacey and Tripp's unwavering enthusiasm and confidence in me. The week before my interview with HPI I was feeling discouraged and ready to throw in the proverbial towel. Stacey and Tripp reassured me that they had faith in me and Tripp helped me prepare a cover letter to HPI. The same day, only an hour later, I had a telephone interview with HPI and was asked to come in for an in-person interview the next day. Tripp and Stacey were so excited for me and my nerves were eased with Tripp's call that morning to go over last minute interview preparation. In fact, I woke up sick the morning of my interview, but Tripp convinced me that I had to go. I went to my interview, and 3 hours later I was offered the position. Stacey, Tripp and the entire ERS team were such an amazing support system and I cannot thank them enough for their advice, guidance, and always enthusiastic support!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment